Stop being average. Be Alpha.
Average people do average things. Let’s stop being average and start being Alpha.
I don’t want you to be beta any longer. But I know some of you will be. Not because you want to be, but because you won’t do the things you need to do to be Alpha.
I can only tell you what you need to do to be Alpha. I can’t make you be Alpha.
Why am I typing Alpha with a capital A? I’ll stop.
But let’s be real for a moment.
- If you’re watching too much tv or wasting time surfing the internet instead of improving your life – you’re average
- If you’re complaining about things you want more than trying to actually trying to get them – you’re average
- If you’re waking up when everyone wakes up and you’re sleeping when everyone is sleeping – you’re average
- If you are miserable at work and feel stuck in your career – you’re average
- If you don’t want to be the best of the best – you’re average
- If you don’t want to stand out and be known for something (known for anything) – you’re average
- If you aren’t willing to put in the hard work and persevere through the highs and lows to become Alpha – you’re average
- If you read this stuff and think “whatever” or “I’ll figure things out tomorrow” – you’re average
I realized recently that the people that are really Alpha in life (successful, wealthy, powerful, respected) have done things that average people are not willing to do.
This includes –
- Making sacrifices
- Saying no
- Doing things differently
- Not following the herd
- Working when other people are relaxing
- Sleeping when other people are partying
- Learning when other people are wasting
- Not caring what average people think about them
- Being hungrier than everyone else to succeed
- Not letting the thought of failure stop them from trying
- Pivoting or cutting loses instead of being married to a certain idea or “thing”
There are things in your life you need to start doing if you want to take control of who you are and what you want to be.
In order to be alpha, you must stop being beta.
I recently read something that inspired me to write this article.
I’ve been reading a book recently by a highly successful real estate broker. Perhaps the best in NYC. And he talked about how he wakes up at 5:30-5:45am every morning.
Because it’s what separates him from average. While everyone else is sleeping, he’s starting his day. The early bird gets the worm.
That’s not what made me think about my life choices though. What made me thing was what he wrote after writing about his “old man” sleeping habits. He said the following –
“Call me an old man if you want. But also call me a multimillionaire.”
This guy doesn’t care what you say about him. At the end of the day, he’s happy and proud of who he is. And who he is, is what many other people want to be.
It made me think about the my own life and how I’ve made selfish choices to improve my own life and become the man I am today.
From eliminating the beta males from my life to making sacrifices to continue to learn and grow (passing up on going on, partying, dates, wasting time doing nothing…the list goes on and on).
- I do not apologize for the choices I’ve made in my life.
- I do not apologize for having the mindset that I do.
- I do not apologize for striving to be better.
I 1000% believe that we are surrounded by losers in this world. And it takes someone super driven to be something special to rise above average.
There are so many average thinkers and doers in this world.
I used to be more vocal about what I was aiming to achieve in life. I would talk to friends about my aspirations to make more money, my goal to find work that I enjoyed, that I wanted to be successful before I settled down.
And people would shoot down my hopes and dreams.
- They’d say “You’re money hungry.”
- They’d say “Work isn’t supposed to be fun.”
- They’d say “I don’t really care about being successful, I just want to have a steady job, get married and have kids.”
When I told people I was quitting the corporate world to build my own business, very few people understood why I would give up a mid six figure job to become my own boss.
- “How are you going to make money?” When you believe in yourself, anything is possible. Anything.
- “What happens if this doesn’t work?” I don’t think about failure. Everything always works out.
- “You shouldn’t quit until you get another job.” That doesn’t even make sense when I want to be my own boss but so many betas are focused on being average that not having a job does not seem right to them.
To hell with being beta. To hell with being average.
I want you to succeed at life. So I’m going to give you some real tips to get you started on how to rise above average.
#1: Stop doing what everyone else is doing
In the beginning of this article, I listed out a bunch of things average people do. My goal is you read that list and said to yourself “shit, I do some of these things and I need to stop.”
Getting ahead in life and becoming Alpha takes a lot of hard work. It also takes being different. Making sacrifices. Being hungry. Going against the grain.
Are you willing to do things that don’t seem “normal” in this world we live in?
If you aren’t, then there is no point in becoming Alpha. Because when you are Alpha, you will be different. You will be looked at positively and negatively by others. Are you going to be okay with that?
If so, then start looking at people that you don’t want to be like and don’t do what they do. And start doing the things that separate you from the masses.
#2: Stop dressing like everyone else
There’s a reason why rockstars look cooler than everyone else. Because they dress differently. And people say “wow, I could never pull that off.”
There’s a reason why models dress better than average. Because they wear clothes that are edgy, unique, and pushing the limits.
Look around you. Everyone is dressed boring and sometimes like shit. Don’t get lost in the sea of average dressers.
Do this by either adding some color to your clothes or just buying clothes that fit better and are in style. Fit is so important. So many people think brand names equals status. But it’s all about the fit. Nice shoes wouldn’t hurt either.
#3: Be Loud
Betas in general are quiet creatures. Average people don’t want to rock the boat or cause a scene.
I’m telling you that you should in fact cause a scene. Not in the way most of you think though.
I don’t want you to be the annoying loud guy that says stupid shit. I’ve seen it too often. Guys think if they are loud and obnoxious they’ll get a pretty girl’s attention and the girl will magically fall in love with them. No.
I’m telling you to say what’s on your mind.
- I’m telling you to say what’s on your mind.
- Compliment people if you want.
- Start conversations with strangers.
- Ask for what you want.
- Speak up!
I can tell you right now if you start speaking up and saying what’s on your mind, you’ll be more Alpha than probably everyone around you.
People don’t want to speak up or be loud for a number of reasons. Sometimes they are afraid they’ll be wrong. Sometimes they are shy. Sometimes they don’t believe they are allowed to speak.
Throw all of that out the window and speak if you want to speak!
People respect a person that speaks up. And in a room full of betas, the person that speaks up is King.
#4: Make People Smile
When’s the last time someone called you charming? Or a flirt? Or funny?
Average people have such boring lives. They’re dying to have someone make their day.
They’re too afraid to be goofy or silly. Betas are afraid to show vulnerability and act a fool. But when you’re willing to just have fun, you make yourself memorable. And you make people smile.
You can make people smile in a variety of ways.
- If you smile, they’ll smile.
- If you say something funny, they’ll laugh.
- If you make fun of something, they’ll think its funny.
- If you make fun of yourself, even better.
Learn how to be witty. Learn how to be sarcastic. Learn how to think quick on your feet.
Smiling makes a tense situation, relaxed.
You’ll come off as friendly. You’ll come off as charming. And best of all you’ll come off as Alpha because it was you who made everyone’s day.
They won’t forget you when you walk away. And they’ll be happy to see you again when you come back. That’s Alpha my friends.
#5: Take Chances Every Day
Whether its pushing yourself out of your comfort zone by jay walking across the street or putting it all on the line to start your own business, the only way to get ahead is to start getting ahead.
You get ahead in life by not following everyone else.
You get ahead in life by taking chances and doing something unique. Doing something different.
You get rewarded in life when you take risks.
And the best part about it all is that even if you fail or lose everything, you can start again. You can make it all back AND some.
Always remember, life is nothing than a big game that is meant to be played. You can either play it safe and be average, or you can play to win and be Alpha
Are you ready to play the game of Alpha?
Be Bold. Be Alpha.
What are your thoughts on being average? What is it you want in life? How can you achieve Alpha?