Probably the best meal in the Body Beast Nutrition Guide is the Beast Chili.
- It’s easy to make.
- It taste good.
- You can make it in bulk.
- You won’t get sick of it quickly.
Beast Chili is an essential if you want to do the body beast program. But even if you are just looking to gain mass and bulk up – turkey chili has what you’re looking for.
- Calories: 433
- Fat: 16g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Cholesterol: 117mg
- Sodium: 794mg
- Carbohydrate: 33g
- Fiber: 11g
- Sugar: 10g
- Protein: 43g
BEAST TURKEY CHILI
makes 4 servings, 1 1/2 cups each
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cooking Time: 35 minutes
According to the nutrition guide – “This hale and hearty chili is perfect on a cold day. Flavored with cumin and chili powder, it has a classic chili taste.”
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground turkey meat
- 1 medium white onion, chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney or pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce (no-sugar-added variety)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
1. Heat oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add turkey, onion, bell pepper, and garlic.
2. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until turkey is no longer pink.
3. Add cumin, chili powder, salt, and cayenne pepper; stir and cook for 1 minute.
4. Stir kidney beans and tomato sauce; bring to a boil.
5. Reduce heat to low and gently simmer, stirring occasionally, for 15 to 20 minutes or until thickened.
6. Serve warm sprinkled with parsley
Sagi Tip: Store in individual containers and freeze for future meals.
Sagi Variations: Substitute ground diced chicken or turkey breast for turkey. Add garbanzo beans and organic corn for additional texture and flavor.